A disability can create a serious financial hardship for individuals and their families. Disability Insurance can help ease the burden of lost wages.
Worker’s compensation protects those that become disabled while on the job. However, the truth is, work related injuries are not usually the culprit. Automobile accidents, back injuries, cancer, heart disease and other illnesses cause the majority of long-term illnesses and absences.
If you become disabled, will you be ready? Do you have emergency savings that could last 3 years? Disability income insurance provides a monthly benefit to replace earned income while you are totally disabled from sickness or accidents.
Interested in Long Term Care coverage? Visit our Long Term Care Insurance page.
No matter what your age, let an agent sit down with you and prepare coverage that help with any financial hardships from unforeseen accidents and illnesses.
Disability Income Insurance provides many features, such as:
- 24/7 coverage while on or off the job
- Guaranteed renewal coverage until age 67
- Waived premiums after a disability has lasted 90 consecutive days
- Benefit periods of 2 years, 5 years or to age 67
- Partial disability benefits
- Business owner plans, for when your business finances may be at risk
- 3% cost of living increase rider after you have been disabled for 12 months or more
- Payment for total disability during the elimination period if you are confined to a hospital
- Ability to increase your monthly benefit based on your higher earned income, every 2 years
- Residual disability rider, Spousal catastrophic disability rider, and other optional riders